Hello myprintXpress friends!
We attended and live-tweeted from a great LinkedOC event last night in Irvine, California. Amy Porterfield, author of Facebook Marketing All-In-One for Dummies shared some great tips and strategies for business leaders to adjust to the new Facebook Timeline (for Fan Pages).
The highlights included exact pixel sizes for key images:
- 851 x 315 pixels for your Facebook Timeline Cover Photo
- 180 x 180 pixels for your Facebook Profile Photo
- 404 x 404 pixels for optimal photos posted on your Timeline
- 111 x 73 pixels for thumbnail covers of Tabs / Apps
- Include call-to-actions such as “Like”, “Comment”, and “Share”
- Use third party Timeline App builders like Lujure
- 80 character posts – Keep it brief
- Long URLs get more clicks because they’re more descriptive than shortened URLs like bit.ly
- Ask fun questions that make it easy for people to engage in brief answers
- Engage with people offline because your Fan Page can’t comment or engage on people’s personal profiles
Read more Amy Porterfield highlights from #LinkedOC attendees on my Storify story:
“Marketing Strategies for New Facebook Fan Page Timelines”